Sunday, July 15, 2007

Well, I certainly got a lesson in grace. I offered Him the insult of demanding proof – after all He had been to us, all He had taught and shown us – and He appears to me. And He gives me the proof I demanded. You know, at that point, I didn’t need to see the proof. His grace captured my heart and He became my King. In a split second I knew it was all true. In a split second I reached the climax of my life, that moment when I bowed before Him and declared “My Lord and my God!”

And though He was different, He was still the same. Performing the miracle of healing a damaged heart, showing compassion and mercy to a rejecter and teaching with profound words. “Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.” I will always be known as Thomas the doubter. How will you be described? I pray you will be known as the trusting believer.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT:

1. What do you consider to be the climax moment of your life? How has your live been affected from that point on?

2. What adjectives will the Lord and others use to describe you as a believer in Christ?

Copyright © 1999 Kimberly Hannay Shoup
All rights reserved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home